Annoyed and now want to remove Disk Sensei

News Forums Main Annoyed and now want to remove Disk Sensei

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Floobert 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Posted in: Main
  • December 13, 2016 at 12:39 am #39346

I’m posting this message because I’ve had no luck contacting the developer.

First, I’d like to complain: I was curious about Disk Sensei because it’s currently one of the apps in the Bundlefox bundle. So I downloaded it to try it out. I’d never downloaded it before, but when I ran it, the app said my trial period had expired. I contacted the developer via the Contact page on this website to find out why my trial period had expired and I never heard back.

So I’ve decided to delete Disk Sesei from my Mac. However, when I installed Disk Sensei, I had to allow Disk Sensei to run a helper in the background. So can someone please tell me: how do I make sure that the helper is deleted and no longer running in the background? I sent another message to the developer asking how to delete the helper, but never heard back.

Thanks!

December 16, 2016 at 7:18 am #39352

Hi
    Sorry about the long response times. I’m preparing a new software product that will launch in January. Super exciting stuff for any Mac enthusiast (sign up for the newsletter to stay tuned!), unfortunately it’s taking up a lot of time right now.

I’m looking into a bug causing Disk Sensei to trigger Trial endings prematurely and hope to have a fix out soon.

The helper tool installed by Disk Sensei does not run in the background. It is launched only upon request by Disk Sensei to perform administrative tasks such as installing our Trim driver. If you want to delete it, it is located at /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools.

December 16, 2016 at 12:12 pm #39354

Thanks so much for the help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.