- "Enabling TRIM on a third party SSD is made very easy with this utility"- OS X Daily
- "I just wanted to take a minute and express my thanks for the incredible support I have received so far from the SwiftIdeas team. Seriously, these guys are second to none. I’ve purchased a countless number of themes on here, and have yet to come across one as elegant, easy to use, and well supported as this one."bschwartcustomer
- "An easy way to get better performance and longevity out of your Mac's SSD"- Lifehacker.com
- "It doesn’t get much more simple than this"OSX Daily
- Fantastically powerful theme, this is literally streets ahead of any other theme I have ever used (and I’ve used plenty).jon4700Customer
- "I’ve purchased many themes from here searching for the perfect one only to be disappointed, thankfully after wasting a fair amount of money I have found a theme that not only looks good but is also unbelievably flexible and easy to use. To top it all off the support from Swift Ideas is amazing, infact i’m not sure how they get anything else done. If you a thinking about getting this theme i’d definitely recommend it."abovecreativecustomer
Enhance your SSD
Trim is must-have feature for most Solid State Drives. It not only increases data writing speeds, but it increases the lifetime of the SSD itself
Monitor your disks
The detailed S.M.A.R.T monitor will provide performance and health relevant statistics and reports about your disks, both Hard and Solid State Drives
Access advanced OS X tweaks to improve your SSD’s performance or free up to several gigabytes of disk space – it’s as easy as flipping a switch
Measure SSD or hard drive speeds and filesystem performance with the super-easy-to-use Benchmark feature
Bringing Trim to Mac OS X
Trim Enabler is the first and safest utility for enabling Trim in Mac OS X. With the flip of a switch you can improve the speed and longevity of your Solid State Drive.
What is Trim?
Every time you delete a file on your computer, the data still stays on the drive in segments called blocks. These blocks are not deleted until you need to use them again to write new data. Due to technical limitations in the NAND Flash design, only whole blocks can be deleted. This means that when you need to write new data, the SSD must perform time-consuming cleaning and maintenance of these blocks before your data is written. With Trim, your blocks can be cleaned instantly when you delete the data, leading to much less operations during the writing process which gives you better speeds and minimizes the wear on the drive.
Is my SSD supported?
Any SSD (internal or external) with Trim support should work with Trim Enabler. Please make sure your drive has the necessary firmware version in order to support Trim.
Does Trim work with Fusion Drive?
Yes, it works fine!
What about RAID?
Trim in RAID depends on the RAID drivers. If you are using OSX software RAID 0 then it should work fine, but hardware RAID generally does not support Trim.
My SSD has Garbage Collection (GC), do I need Trim?
GC and Trim are not the same thing. As a matter of fact, they work well together. The SSD Review did a great article describing the benefits of using both features together.
AJA System Test Read, Samsung 840 Pro
AJA System Test Write, Samsung 840 Pro
Benchmarks carried out by Tomshardware